Friday, August 29, 2014

A Time to Reflect

     It's been a while since my last post. Do not worry, I have not given up or ceased in my studies. While this endeavor is certainly not a bad one, if the motivation for weekly updates replaces what my true and only motivation should be then it becomes wrong. Our sole motivation for anything we do should be to serve Christ out of love for him, out of a desire to walk more closely with him. Upon looking back, I found that my motivations for reading his word and studying were shifting from a desire to have a closer walk with Christ, to coming up with content for this blog.

     I won't stop writing for the blog, but, I must keep my focus on Christ. He needs to be my motivation. Instead of actively looking for things to write about, I will only actively seek to please Christ, and walk closer with him each day. If the Lord places something from my studies on my heart  specifically to share, I will share it. As always I covet your prayers. The Lord is working in my life, and the lives of my family right now. The trial we are enduring seems insurmountable, but I have faith that the Lord will bring us through, all for his glory and praise. We need prayer for guidance, peace and grace right now, very much so.

John 14:15-21

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment