Sunday, August 10, 2014

Giving a Burden to God

     Burdens. We all have them, have had them and more will come into our lives. They are a source of anxiety, pain, sleeplessness and sometimes doubt. Whether you are burdened for a friend that has gone astray from the path of God, a brother that has turned his back on God and fallen in love with the world, or burdened with loneliness, perhaps you have concerns for your future. God can take care of them all. We all struggle, but Christ tells us in 1 Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you"

     
I gave a burden to the Lord today, and trusted him to take care of it. I accept whatever his will is, and will by grace accept whatever the outcome is that he desires. I can tell you fellow Christian it brought me a great deal of relief. A weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I can pray properly, faithfully now for the Lord to take care of this burden. Although, I can say that it is no longer a burden in a sense of weighing me down and oppressing me. I still care, and I still would like to see God work, but I no longer fret. I no longer worry about what the future may hold, it is totally in the hands of God and that brings a peace that passes all understanding.

     If you are reading this and dealing with a heavy burden, I encourage you to give it to the Lord today. Trust him to take care of it, and it will bring great peace to you. You will have to stay in the word, put on the whole armor so that you can resist Satan when he tries to discourage you, stay faithful and God will be all the strength you need.

2 Samuel 22:2 And he said, The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;


Psalm 18:2 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Psalm 92:15 To shew that the Lord is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.

Psalm 94:22 But the Lord is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge.

     This was a short post today, but I wanted to share what the Lord has done for me today to encourage any that may read that they too can have peace and grace in life in the midst of struggles.

Prayerfully,
Joshua

No comments:

Post a Comment