Sunday, July 6, 2014

Troubling Times

     Pray for me and my family. Right now we are going through a deep, dark valley. I can't give any details, but it is something that we have been dealing with now for a month, and will be for quite a while longer. Pray that the LORD would have his way, and that he would give us all the grace to accept his will in this with whatever the result is.

     It is important not to lose hope, nor to get angry at God during times like this, because this is when we need him the most. Philippians 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice." As much as we need prayer, please pray for our father as he needs it the most. Pray for comfort and grace for him.

     God is good, he is always good. I have no comments to make on my studies this evening, but I can share all the verses of the goodness of God and rejoicing in him that have helped comfort me during this time.
Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.

Psalms 31:19 - [Oh] how great [is] thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; [which] thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!

Psalms 23:6 - Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Psalms 5:11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

2 Corinthians 1:2 - 1:5

2 - Grace [be] to you and peace from God our Father, and [from] the Lord Jesus Christ.

3 - Blessed [be] God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

4 - Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

5 - For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

Walk in the LORD always, and he will give you a peace that passeth all understanding. Philippians 4 is a comforting and encouraging chapter in the Bible.

Philippians 4 

4-Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.

2-I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord.

3-And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.

4-Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

5-Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6-Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7-And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8-Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

9-Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

10-But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity.

11-Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

12-I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

13-I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

14-Notwithstanding ye have well done, that ye did communicate with my affliction.

15-Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.

16-For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity.

17-Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.

18-But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.

19-But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

20-Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

21-Salute every saint in Christ Jesus. The brethren which are with me greet you.

22-All the saints salute you, chiefly they that are of Caesar's household.

23-The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.







No comments:

Post a Comment