Sunday, June 29, 2014

Do not delay

Matthew 8: 14-15

"14 And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever.
15 And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and ministered unto them."

     Verse 15 spoke to me and I would like to share what the Lord put on my heart while reading this. In Matthew chapter 8 we find Christ working many miracles throughout Capernaum. The application for verse 15, or one of the many I should say, is not to wait to serve the Lord. Immediately after Christ healed Peter's mother in law, she began to serve the Lord. She did not delay, or make excuses, she got busy. She was physically healed, and in the same night was perhaps spiritually healed as well. 

     When we come to know Christ as our savior, many of us, including myself once, sit around and wait to begin serving God. We come up with excuses like I haven't grown enough or I just don't know enough about the Bible, as to why we are waiting to serve the Lord. There are plenty of things to do in service of God. After being spiritually healed, revived, and quickened we should not sit and wait to serve. We should by the grace of God do as Peter's mother in law had done, find some way to serve the Lord and begin to do so immediately. Ask your Pastor what you can do to help, there is plenty of work to be done.

     I was one that was guilty of throwing every excuse I could as to why I was "waiting on the Lord" as if I was expecting some divine sign from God as to what he wanted me to do. His will for every Christian is plainly written for us to know and will not be found in some miraculous sign from God. We simply need to get into his word daily, pray, seek the face of God and strive to know him more closely every day. By the grace of God we will walk with the Lord and continue to grow each day. If I go through a day and have not walked with God or grown in some way in my spiritual life I count that day as wasted. We should walk closer with God each and every day. Pray for your fellow christian that the Lord would pour out his grace and strength on us every day to help us to walk with him so that we may do his will.

No comments:

Post a Comment