Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Meeting Christ

     "Man, when I get to heaven I can't wait to walk up to Jesus and talk to him, high five him, I have so many questions."

     I hear that a lot, but I don't think that is going to be our first reaction when meeting Christ face to face. We will have all of eternity to get to know Christ more, and to ask him questions. That first meeting, even for many more, I think we will see more of the ground at his feet as we fall on our faces to worship him and thank him. I can't wait to see the face of my savior, Jesus Christ. I also almost fear it, because when you have seen him, you have seen the father. John 14:9 "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?" 

     The glory of God is a fearful thing to behold. In the Bible when God reveals a mere portion of his glory to man they are overwhelmed and often fall prostrate on the ground as a dead man!
Matthew 17: 5-6

"5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.


6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid."

Deuteronomy 4:24 "For the Lord thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God."

Hebrews 12:28-29

"28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29 For our God is a consuming fire."

     Even those closest to Christ were overwhelmed just by hearing the voice of God out of a bright cloud. When we meet with Christ in heaven, it will not be with crass nor boldness, but with fear and trembling. With worship, praise and thanksgiving. He will no doubt comfort us with the words "Arise and fear not" which will be followed by great joy. Heaven will be a wonderful place. A place with splendor, beauty and magnificence beyond our ability to even imagine. We will have our perfected, glorified bodies, (amen!) the corrupt frailty of our mortal bodies will forever be no more. I believe though there will be weeping as we wish we would have done more for Christ in our time here on Earth. Not only for that, but when we witness the great white throne judgement . . . it will be a heartbreaking, terrible thing to witness. I am thankful that Christ himself will wipe the tears from my eyes as we enter into the new Heaven and Earth for all eternity.

      Have you done all for Christ? Have I? This is challenging to me! Oh how I would dread disappointing Christ. We will not face an account of our sins as a Christian and some take that as a license to sin. Oh Christian, how sorrowful will it be to live for yourself to face Christ in the end and to have to give an account for it? I pray daily for the Grace of God and his power so that I may continue to walk the right path to please him. Let us pray for one another, encourage one another, lift each other up in support to run the race Christ has set before us and to finish well.



   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment